"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's shoshthi today!!


It's again that time of the year for which every bengali waits for since the previous years dusshera. Today is shoshti ('shasthi'), the day when the Durga Pujo begins.

In good old days when I was a student it was a day when 5 days of fun used to begin. Spending time at pandal with friends. How can I forget the famous bengali adda. But now things have a changed. Today I am sitting in office working like any other day and same for tomorrow. Though looking forward for the long weekend to celebrate the pujo.

This is my second pujo in Chennai. Last time I celebrated with my roomie and his friends. We went to few pandals. This time round though he is not there, he is in kolkata. So this time planning to join my cousin dada o boudi along with masshi o meshomoni. Its a full house there. This is also the first pujo for dada's son.

Wishing you all too a very happy and rocking pujo!! Bolo bolo joy Durga mai!!

No comments: