"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Friday, September 21, 2007

Just 24 hours a day ... not enough!

Today I came early too office, about 8:00 a.m. Those who know me might get worried reading this, reason being I normally don’t even wake up by this time. In fact this would almost midnight for me. But yes today I came early due to some work at office.

For last many early I have drastically disrupted my daily routine. In school days I had to reach school by 8, so had no choice but to get up early. Once in college the slide began, initially it came to 9 then 10-11 and finally I even have record of getting up after-noon. I had primarily two reasons - staying up late in the night and nothing better to do getting up early. This used to work for me as long as I was a student, but once I landed in job it cramped my day.

I had very little time in a weekday to spare on anything after office work. And slowly as the work increased in office, I started feeling more cramped. Then I started feeling that there should be more than 24 hours in a day!

But sitting early in office today, I feel how foolish is my demand. Are my productive hours limited to 24 hours? In fact NO! Actually it’s up to me how much I want to use productively. 24 hours just changes a Thursday to Friday, but it doesn’t limit me from achieving more from a day or my life.

These days there are lots of thing which I want to do, but I always didn't find time. Today I woke early for a reason; I guess I need to find one daily. If I can have an official reason, I should also be able to find a personal one.

More than a year back I had asked a question on this blog - "How to be an early-riser?". I guess I have one answer now to try.

1 comment:

sadsadas said...

Finally, a new dawn.:)