"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Doing what?

I was looking at my blog and saw last few post were purely about movies. Does that means I am not doing anything except going to theaters? Well I looked back and answer came a big YES.

Weekdays are mostly busy at office and weekends are mostly taken by my laziness and sleep. Whats left of the weekends goes in cleaning the house and bring it back into order to be messed up again in the coming week. Only other thing is going for movies Saturday nights and writing about them on this blog.

Oh yes, now remember I did do something else. I finally finished reading The Three Evangelists by Fred Vargas, a novel I had got some two months back. Thats pathetic compared to my normal time taken for finishing a novel. In good old days a week was the maximum I would take for finishing a novel that too if it was really thick one. But now I happy at least I did something rather just wasting time in doing nothing. Since novel has come up, let me tell a bit about it also.

The Three Evangelists belongs to the crime/mystery/thriller genre. This is genre which I love the most, though this is first time I am venturing out of Sir Aurthur Connan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes), Agatha Christie (Hercule Poirot & Miss Marple) or Satyajit Ray (Feluda). The Three Evangelists was bit different from the all these as it doesn't has a specific investigator. Its does a good job in holding the mystery in the plot till the end. One thing about it which really tested my patience was the fact that the plot moves too slowly and many events happen which cannot be related back to main plot till the end. If it would have been bit tighter and faster in pace, I would have bit more happy. Nevertheless its a beautiful novel to read and has left me wanting for more which is a good sign.

Reading has always being my habit ('bad' habit), but somewhere down the line I feel to have lost it. Hmm ... thats not good. I think I will go get a new novel. I am introducing a new label for my posts - books, starting today. You should see the count going up for it in days to come.

No comments: