"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Monday, September 25, 2006

Pyaar ke Side Effects

Dont be surprised with the title I am not going to discuss my love story here. In fact I should first have one to discuss about it. Anyways thats a different tale; maybe I will write about it some other day. Today's post is to tell my experience with the movie titled "Pyaar ke Side/Effects".

A small introduction to the movie. Lead protagonists are Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat. Movie is about there 'pyaar'. Rahul is shown analyzing the various 'side-effects' associated with different stages of love. And then you a small side stories of Rahul's roomie and his brother-in-law. Both of them are like two extremes. First guy is of the 'un-marriageable' lot and second one belongs to the married community. Rahul is somewhere in- between; he has a girlfriend who has proposed to marry him but he is not very sure what to do... for rest of the story watch the movie yourself :)

My motive behind this post is not to tell the story, there is nothing in that. Actually to tell the truth I never thought I will go and watch this in theater. But living in Chennai one usually runs out of ideas on weekend and same happened with us over this weekend. So this was the one movie which we had deliberately skipped. So we decided lets check out how bad is it.

Luck was on our part it turned out to be a good entertainer. I wont call it a real good movie but it was definitely not boring. Best parts were Rahul's roomie's antics and his analysis of the side-effects. First half had lot of instances where you can laugh. Second half was bit emotional occasionally but you can get enough reasons to laugh. I guess overall we had a great time.

One caution, do not go with your girlfriend and if you end up by mistake do not enjoy the movie, unless you are planning for a break-up.

No comments: