"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Visit to the Sri Venkateswara Temple

This weekend I visited to the Sri Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala, Tirupati along with my relatives. I am not one with a religious bend of mind, so I would not be going to temples by myself but I surely love if someone pulls me along. Also this trip gave me a chance to go out of Chennai.

We took a morning train from Chennai to Tirupati on Sunday and reached Tirumala by noon. That day we kind of relaxed and did some sight-seeing. Our Darshan at the Sri Venkateswara Temple was scheduled for next day 10am. So had our Darshan at the temple on Monday. This time it was really good. Last time I had gone to Tirupati it was lot crowded so could not stand for even a second in front of the idol. But this time I stood there for for good half a minute. After Darshan we relaxed a bit in the temple complex, before returning to Chennai by the evening train.

Actually train journey was something I enjoyed a lot. I was traveling by train after a long time, I guess 4-5 years. It was fun! Also took few photos during the trip check them out below ...







Album URL: http://saptarshide.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album31

3 comments:

sadsadas said...

You photos are not opening.:((

Saptarshi De said...

restored :))

Anonymous said...

Ahaaa - nice pics indeed. Makes me wonder how come u put down ur experiences so well - u r indeed leaving a legacy by putting down ur thoughts & exp buddy! Wish I were a part of the trip too ;) ATB