"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Even the fool has a day!

Today is the April Fool's Day or the All Fool's Day. Celebrated on April 1 every year across the globe, the day is mainly about having fun fooling people with hoaxes and practical jokes.

Since my childhood I was always curious why this day is named as it is named. What so special today? But till date didn't get an exact reason. In school days it was mainly about fooling teachers and classmates. I used be on my guard so that I don't end up being the fool. In college days it remained quite the same. It was fun as you never know what to expect. Sometimes try a few pranks myself, though cant recall anyone I pulled off.

Today was a holiday so was in room alone, so no jokes or pranks. So spend time fooling around the web on the topic. These days internet is the main medium of pranks and jokes on this day. I was looking around to understand the history of this day. Found quite a few details on Wiki.

By the way, did you check-out the new service which Google has launched today - FREE breakthrough broadband with Google TiSP (BETA)? The link is there on Google search homepage.
Links: Press release - Service link.
If you think it's a April Fool's Day prank of Google, think again ... Gmail was also launched on April 1, 2004.

Happing fooling around! Today is your day! ;)

No comments: