"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Objects with no objective

I came across this article in The Hindu - Objects with no objective by Indu Balachandran

It reminded me of my experience I have each time we refresh our room. Last one is pretty fresh in my memory.

Last week only we executed our long pending plans for cleaning the room. Phew! Its always an herculean task as it always done when it gets overdue by weeks.

When I look at my racks, they looks very innocent on the surface with all useful stuff. The moment you scratch the surface the real story comes out. Full of empty cans n bottles, movie tickets, papers to which I cannot relate to, etc etc. This time I actually found a useful thing in all the trash which was kept so carefully, a long lost picture album.

I actually wonder how these this get collected. At home also, I remember, whenever I used to clean my room, after getting a threatening from mom, the story used to be quite similar. Sometimes we think we would be able to find use for a broken or used stuff and keep it carefully but later we forget about it. And when we come back to it, we ourselves wonder why in the first place did I preserve it?

After we finished the cleaning exercise this time we had four bag full of 'objects with no objectives'. Mind you I am talking about big size bags, not the normal shopping ones. I do not expect the situation to improve in future. Its actually fun to have the 'no objective' stuffs, else what will I clean? Also it makes the cleaning process a bit interesting. ;)

2 comments:

sadsadas said...

Congratulation on getting your room clean.Even my room is pending for clean a month atleast.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
was fun to suddenly find my article in another blogsite : )
And even more fun to find that you too have the same trauma as me when try to fling things out!
cheers and thanks for the interest,,,
Indu Balachandran