"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Departed

Just back from a night show of The Departed at INOX, Chennai. Many firsts happened today. First time went to INOX, first time went to Chennai City Center mall in which INOX is located and first Hollywood movie in 2007 which I saw in theater.

Chennai City Center mall. Newest kid on the block. It has been quite a while it opened but I never got a chance to visit it before today. All this days I visited only Spencer Plaza on Mount Road. City Center is impressive architecturally from both outside and inside but somehow I felt thats where its attraction ends. It is nowhere close to the size and the number of shops which Spencer Plaza has to offer. I guess it will be just an second option after Spencer, which will continue to be my first choice.

INOX, Chennai. Newest multiplex in Chennai. INOX met my expectations with the quality of interiors, seating and overall experience. But unfortunately INOX will stay my second choice after Sathyam which was my only option before INOX came up. Primarily reason being a higher ticket cost of Rs. 120/- much more than the costliest one in Sathyam. Also, Sathyam is doing a bit better with the variety of movies it offers at time and its simple yet very useful online booking.

Maybe I got into an "old is gold" syndrome. But as a consumer I need to make a intelligent choice, cant let the gloss fool me.

Now coming to the movie. The Departed. Actually I think I do not have much to say about it. The movie was nice and entertaining. Nice storyline and director has handled the whole thing well. The ending was something that quite didn't make sense to me, but then its an Academy Award winning movie. Not a must-watch still worth watching. Am I contradicting myself?

No comments: