"The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them." - Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Aamir might put a dent on Sarkar Raj

I am referring to the latest Bollywood releases - Aamir and Sarkar Raj. Frankly Aamir was not even on my to-watch list. I was eagerly waiting for Sarkar Raj though since I had enjoyed Sarkar a lot. But after reading through the reviews of Aamir and also I did like Rajeev Khandelwal in whatever few episodes of Left Right Left I watched; I decided to watch Aamir before Sarkar Raj.

When you go for something without any expectation; if it turns out to be bad you do not mind because no expectation means to expect it to be bad but if its good you are overwhelmed. With Aamir it was the second! Splendid acting by Rajeev with a fresh and crisp storyline. The movie is equally thought provoking. Its surely a must watch.

Sarkar Raj was bit less than what I expected. I felt it has the same storyline as Sarkar, I do not know how many of you will agree with me but I can draw parallel between the two in every sequence. I wont do that here as many of you are yet to watch it. For me, it was more if old wine in new bottle. Nevertheless is a RGV typical, topped with as always beautiful acting by Abhishek and Amitabh Bachan, so you will surely enjoy.

On pure merits both are very good movies, but Aamir edges ahead being different!

P.S. - Somehow I do not tend to agree that Sarkar or Sarkar Raj is based on any political family but I find it very close to what one would call an 'Indian' adaptation of The Godfather series.

1 comment:

sadsadas said...

Good to see you blogging again after that "Welcome" post way back in beginning of 2008. Even I like the Aamir better than Sarkar Raj. At the end, the underdog Aamir had it's day.